 General / 23041
  Meeting in Germany

Today a couple of AFOLs met in Muelheim. It was great to meet all those people you only know by email and LUGNET postings! In the morning there was a sale in Muelheim and in the afternoon we build a big loop in the back of someone's garden (I think (...) (24 years ago, 15-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meeting in Germany

That crane is quite gorgeous! Two questions: 1. Does it all fold away or it is it really a static display model? 2. As far as I can see from the images it doesn't have a hook or anything to actually lift objects. Does it have a method for lifting (...) (24 years ago, 15-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meeting in Germany

(...) Hi Frank, well done - fantastic pictures are following a fantastic day in Muelheim and Ralf's garden. Some words about my red-white-crane. Like my train-crane (the yellow one) the inspiration came from a real GOTTWALD crane. That company used (...) (24 years ago, 15-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meeting in Germany

Thanks Frank, for sharing these great pictures with us. I'm just trying to upload further photographs I have taken in Muelheim and in Dinslaken at Ralfs home. I really enjoyed this day and the meeting with so many people I only knew by postings in (...) (24 years ago, 15-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meeting in Germany

This looks like a great get together for LEGO Train fans in Germany!!!! Thanks for taking and posting the photos. Beautiful building fronts. I like the roadway with lower trackside. Well done. Many good creations, new and old, in a very nice forum. (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meeting in Germany

Amazing models (I love the crane especially, being a vehicle headed type) and of course an amazing "shopping center". What kind of a shopping fair is this? A fan created one? There are great amounts of very very rare items, including the early (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meeting in Germany

Hi Selcuk, nice that you like my vehicle headed crane. That one isn't finished jet, I build it as an eyecatcher for the fair.... That Sunday morning was a special LEGO fair!! It was held for the second time in Muelheim in Germany. Some traders (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meeting in Germany

(...) Yes completely managed by Legofan Peter Reinartz, who is collector off all old kind of Lego stuff from wooden toys till the era of the closed Lego-"O" began in 1971(?). I think he owns more than the worths of a small house in Lego materials... (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meeting in Germany

Hi all, after that great day yesterday I just added my brickshelf galeries: (URL) thanks to Ben, Frank Buiting, Jan and Pudie for taking digital pictures!!!! My own analogue pictures will be developped and scaned in a while ;-(( You'll find my (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meeting in Germany

Great pictures, Frank. I would like to know if any LUGNET posters are in the pictures. It is always nice to have a face to place with a name. Rose Frank Buiting wrote in message ... (...) :-) (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meeting in Germany

"r2" <lego@r2eng.com> wrote in message news:G2JKt8.501@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) Ben has a good picture over here: (URL) don't know if the two people on the left post on LUGNET... The guy with the grey coat is Casper van Nimwegen (LUGNUT #196) (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meeting in Germany

I've just been enjoying Ben's photos taken at the Muelheim meeting. Very nice settings for the models. Nice photos, too. (URL) Ben. I really enjoyed seeing them! later, James Mathis (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meeting in Germany

Frank Buiting wrote in message ... (...) Thanks Frank! What's the story behind the Rockmonster? Rose (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meeting in Germany

(...) Nothing too spectacular, a Rockmonster is printed on the inside of the RockRaider mug and it appeared after I drank the coffee. It was funny "Hey! A Rockmonster!" so Holger drank his coffee immediately to see what was inside of the Slizers mug (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meeting in Germany

(...) It's not Christer but Sonnich Jensen. Regards, Ben (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meeting in Germany

(...) Oops, you're right - my mistake! I posted this right after reading the post about Christer's ICE train ((URL) so I mixed up the names :-( -Frank (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  RE: Meeting in Germany

(...) Oops, you're right - my mistake! I posted this right after reading the post about Christer's ICE train ((URL) so I mixed up the names :-( yep, that's me.... and just for your information, I don have a lugnet # yet. Thank you all for the great (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)