 General / 22775
Re: When did "seeding" begin?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 00:48:20 GMT

In lugnet.general, Andrew Tyrone writes:
Anders Johansson wrote:
In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.general, Dave Johann writes:
From my knowledge, it's a recent occurance. I can't think of any
sets that came out more than 2 years ago that have this problem.

We may not like it but I imagine from the TLC perspective there
is a very good reason for it...

I have a guess: Lego think its easier to follow the building
instructions if they put a brick in another color as a sort of
reference point...

Or maybe they want the kids to have different colored bricks for
them to use when they take apart the set (I already have enough red >:o).

IMO the main reason is as a reference point for building, with a
fringe benefit that it makes the overall package (polypaks) more
colorful.  When you've got a bunch of black plates interlocking all
over the core of a 5571, a hidden blue brick is quite helpful actually.