 General / 22744
Re: Parts Question about the Super Street Sensation...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 04:51:08 GMT

D.M.Garcia,

thanks for your reply - i have some follow-up questions.

(Please forgive my use of pnuematic below, when in fact I meant hydraulic.)

In lugnet.general, Damian Garcia writes:

"Derick Bulkley" <Derick@derick.com> wrote in message
Regarding the pnuematic cylinder:
how many are included in this set?
2 (4 if you include the replacements that will be required)

I don't understand the reference to replacements...

Is the part contained in any other sets?
Several others: Okay, 2 that I can think of...

And they would be...?

What is the action like - does it simply provide consistent resistance to
motion in either direction (compression and extension)?
It is designed for extension.  It will compress as fast as you can squeeze
it, but it extends slowly.  Think of it as a slow moving shock.

When fully extended, does it exert a pressure to re-compress?

I am considering their value in a current project, in which a large • structure
must be dampened because a tendency to rock.
If shocks don't work, I don't see how the pneumatic cylinders will.

That is why I am asking how they work.

regards,

derick

--