 General / 22358
Re: Mindfest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 18:11:00 GMT

"David Eaton" <deaton@intdata.com> wrote in message
news:G18o5z.DHM@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.general, Matthew Miller writes:
Kevin Loch <kloch@opnsys.com> wrote:
Is there going to be another Mindfest?

The impression I got from the MIT people afterward was that they didn't • want
to do it again for a while.

Yeah, my impression was similar-- It seemed to me that they were trying to • set
an example of an event and hoped that other organizations would follow • suit.

It's hard to organise a big event, but a push in the right direction could
help: wouldn't TLC be interested to sponsor if the community organises
something similar?
I mean, they could sponsor bricks and perhaps exhibition space (I don't know
if Legoland Carlsbad has some halls for events like this) and let members of
the community (or a LUG?) organise the whole thing. I mean it's a good
opportunity for them(TLC) to meet a different target audience than the kids
they usually design their stuff for.
I haven't planned my next vacation yet but such event would be a good reason
to visit the US :-)

-Frank