 General / 223
  Lego Intel Ad

I was looking through Newsweek this afternoon and I saw a full page add for the PII processors from Intel. It had Lego's flying out from it. At the bottom it had a combined blurb of Intel and Lego. Wonder how much that cost Lego, I mean Intel (...) (26 years ago, 20-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Intel Ad

(...) I wouldn't be so sure it cost TLG anything. If it was a P2 add then I'd guess Intel paid TLG for the right to use Lego bricks or whatever. I'd say Intel is the real beneficiary of this ad - some kid sees Daddy's magazine with Lego stuff in the (...) (26 years ago, 21-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Intel Ad

I'm not so sure that Intel paid Lego, I mean they can advertise well enough to not need any other things. I think that it's more of a deal to split the cost of a full page ad in Newsweek, not cheap stuff there. But I would agree Intel going to get (...) (26 years ago, 21-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Intel Ad

(...) While we'll probably never know if Intel actually paid TLG for the ad, I'd say it's a safe bet to assume Intel paid for most, if not all, of the cost of the ad in Newsweek. Intel subsidizes the advertising campaigns of nearly every major (...) (26 years ago, 21-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)