 General / 22212
  Brand Name Sovereignty

We've all seen the lengths to which TLC is willing to go in order to protect its intellectual property, and that's certainly understandable. What about such things as: (URL) For that matter, The Learning Channel has been aka TLC for at least six or (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brand Name Sovereignty

(...) It could be, but also keep in mind that LEGO doesn't call itself "TLC" -- they call themselves "The LEGO Company" or just "LEGO". Only us fans use the label "TLC" as an abbreviation (earlier "TLG"). --Todd (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brand Name Sovereignty

(...) And all of this is because we insist on calling the product by the name of the company ("Lego" instead of "Lego briks"), so we need to have another short name for the company so as to avoid confusion. :) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brand Name Sovereignty

(...) Yep, trademarks are held for specific product categories. Abbreviations are harder to protect (though IBM has gone to efforts to protect that particular abbreviation, and I have heard rumors that IBM tried to trademark I, B, and M - wouldn't (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Brand Name Sovereignty

"Matthew Miller" <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote in message news:slrn8scteo.agh.....bu.edu... (...) 'briks?' Matt - I'm disappointed. I can only assume that you were once a collidge stoodunt as well. ;-) -- Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com (URL) - (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Brand Name Sovereignty

I believe the pottery company has been around in Japan at least as long as TLC has been doing toys in Denmark. Paul Sinasohn (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.general)