 General / 22212
22211  |  22213
Subject:
Brand Name Sovereignty
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 18:00:10 GMT

We've all seen the lengths to which TLC is willing to go in order to protect
its intellectual property, and that's certainly understandable.  What about
such things as:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=438584654

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=437740196

  For that matter, The Learning Channel has been aka TLC for at least six or
seven years--why is no fuss made about that?  I can understand that an
abbreviation might not be eligible for copyright, but "Lego" seems to be.  Is
it because the products are notably dissimilar?

     Dave!