 General / 22217
Re: Brand Name Sovereignty
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 20:02:19 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dave Schuler writes:
[...]
For that matter, The Learning Channel has been aka TLC for at least six or
seven years--why is no fuss made about that?  I can understand that an
abbreviation might not be eligible for copyright, but "Lego" seems to be.
Is it because the products are notably dissimilar?

It could be, but also keep in mind that LEGO doesn't call itself "TLC" --
they call themselves "The LEGO Company" or just "LEGO".  Only us fans use
the label "TLC" as an abbreviation (earlier "TLG").

--Todd