 General / 22155
Re: Lego Owl?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 01:39:04 GMT

In lugnet.general, Sheree Rosenkrantz writes:

Heather Patey <hpatey@nfld.com> wrote in message

The one you saw may have been Playmobil.  I've made an 6-piece owl:

A bit big for minifig scale, but might do.  Best in all white, I think, or
brown with yellow feet.

Cheers, Heather
--
Heather Patey
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada

Heather, I think you're right .  The one I saw looks like it may be the owl
in Playmobil 3006.
http://shop.playmobilusa.com/cgi-bin/USA_Shop.storefront/39bfb363029933ce273
fd894f1b30726/Product/View/3006
The other bird in 3006 was also in the auction lot?
thanks.
Likely, yes - I've got a white one like it, from a Magic set I think.
Unfortunately the claws are a smidge too big for a Lego rod :-(

I really like your owl. It maybe big for minifigs, but for Fabuland it will
be swell!

I want  to build one. I can see the feet are 4085, the eyes are 4070, the
middle is 3044? ...not sure...I am stumped about the piece/pieces back of
the eyes.  Please tell me what you used.
(for now I've got...2 yellow1x1plate w/vert. clip 4085 feet, middle blk 1x2
brick 3044, 2 white 1x1 brick w/headlight 4070 eyes, and 2 blk 1x1plate
w/clip light 4081 for back of eyes =7)

help please!
sheree

Glad you like it!  The DAT file is here:
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/ideas/?n=73

The pieces are:
Eyes: 1x1 bricks with side stud (4070)
Behind eyes: 1x2 plate with handles (3839)
Body: 2x2 round brick (3941)
Feet: 1x1 plates with horiz. clip (4085)

The handles on the 3839 make the wings, in the typical hunched owl
position.  Hope this helps.  If you improve it, please post it!

Cheers, Heather