 General / 21783
Re: BrickDB announcement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 21:03:26 GMT

There is a page in the Admin section that you use to add a set in. Same for
themes. I have already populated a lot of sets(~650 at last check) into the
database, with a huge thanks to lugnet here. Some users can be given Admin
access so that they can add sets in, but as is, there are only 2 at the moment.
But otherwise, when you add a set into your collection, all you do is click the
set # from a dropdown list, add a lil' more info, and hit submit and it does
the rest.

And to respond here to the other reply also, this is free, Open Source. I will
release the code in the next week, if people want it. If not, I am hosting this
as a service to fellow lego junkies like myself that are interested in piece
counts/set totals/etc./etc. that this webpage provides.
I think it provides an interesting way to compare what you and your
friends/LUGNET users have in your collections.

Any and all suggestions for improvement/ideas/new features/etc. are welcome.
And if people are interested in using the site, from my host, email me at
kleric@tiny.net and I will set up an account for you.
Thanks for the responses, I've spent a lot of time on this and it's good to
know some other people are interested in this.
Thanks.
-Brian

In lugnet.general, Kevin Loch writes:
This is cool.  Does it already know the details of the sets or do you have to
enter that when you enter your inventory?  The idea of a simple interface to
tally up the number of pieces I have is very interesting.

KL

In lugnet.general, Brian Olmstead writes:
Hi.
What happens when you combine a computer geek and a lego geek?
I create this:
http://208.42.18.126/lego/index.php3

Its a database driven website for keepin' track of your collection of legos.
There are a set of admin pages used for adding • users/themes/sets/links/managing
your collection/etc. for each individual user.
There is also a place for set inventories, for those people that want/use • that
too.
It runs off of Apache and PHP, on a Linux box.
I plan on releasing the source code sometime in the next week, if there's
interest in it.

And I guess what the point of this whole post is: Is there interest in this • for
other users at my site, or creating their own sites, or should I just go back
to my happy little programming cave and leave it for myself? :)

Comments and suggestions gleefully accepted.
Any other questions I may not have covered welcome too.
Thanks.
-Brian
http://208.42.18.126/lego/index.php3