 General / 21555
Re: WOOD LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 17:25:36 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gary Istok writes:

I think it will be the earlier one, although I don't understand
why it
would have a 1950's board on a 1960's set.

Keep in mind I know nothing about these boxes, their sizes, or compositions,
but:  Is it possible the lids were switched by an owner?  Let's say the
original owner had an old box that got beat up, bought the newer box, but liked
the fold-out town plan lid better than the newer one, so he discarded the new
top and kept the older one.

Years later, details like that can get forgotten (or lost, if the person who
switched the lids is, umm, unavailable).  The eBay seller might not know that
such a modification/swap took place.

eric