 General / 21550
Re: Mystery brick
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 16:37:33 GMT

"Gary Istok" <gistok@umich.edu> wrote in message
news:39AE7DD3.2CB5073D@umich.edu...

Interestingly enough I have a similar brick, but it is a red ABS 2x8 brick • with a
hole in the center, rather than to one side.  I haven't had time to • investigate it
yet.  But something tells me it is from the period 1966-75.

I think Wessel's ASCII art messed up, I think Wessel also meant the hole to
be in te center.
I remember such brick, the brick was in a basic set and the hole was used to
put a piece of string through. I remember a duck out of bricks on wheels and
a string went from the base to that brick as handle for the rope (with the
knot hidden in the brick as the string passes through the hole).
Unfortunately I don't know what basic set it was :-( Could be 577, it has a
piece of string in it and a duck on it's cover, I can't remember if the duck
was a MOC or an example from the box. I don't have the brick myself, but I
remember building with it as a child.

--
Frank Buiting

Visit the LEGO Lexicon: http://members.chello.nl/~f.buiting/lego/