 General / 21516
Re: Pictures of Enfield Model Shop
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 03:36:00 GMT

"Greg Perry" <supernerd23@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:G04zHo.4Et@lugnet.com...
Tim - Thanks a lot for posting these pictures.  They're great.  The two • things
that jumped out at me were the Aztec Sun Calendar and the Superman • mini-fig.
Is there any background info that goes along with these (or any other
interesting tidbits/anecdotes you picked up along the way).  I'm • particularly
interested in the Sun Calendar and whether this is for some planned • exhibit.
Any additional info available?

The sun calendar they built for their office in Mexico City.  Its an actual
1:1 copy of a real Aztec sun calendar, and no, its not on exhibit.  That's
one of the things they show everyone when they do tours (which is NOT very
often, and not open to the public).  The superman fig looks like he was made
and a decal was applied to....it was just a desk decoration that someone
did, AFAIK.  Surrounded by some cool animated-ish building structures which
all touched each other....reminds me of those NELUG street fronts that are
popping up :)
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com

ICQ: 23951114