 General / 21087
  Lego Measurements?

Hey all, I've been working on a lego tank, but I need to know how much space I have to work with. What is the standard lego measurement, and how long would 30 feet be? Thanks! Rob (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: Lego Measurements?

Hi Rob! Lots of debate on this one, mostly 'cuz minifigs are so disproportionate - they're quite wide for their height. Minifigs are 4 bricks + 1 plate tall, without neckwear. That's 4.16 cm. I horizontal measurement, that's 5.2 studs wide. So, here (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Minifig food (Was: Lego Measurements?)

(...) No, it's just that they eat nothing but pizza and McDonald's. :-, Cheers, - jsproat (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Measurements?

(...) I'd say 1 stud = 1 foot would most appropiate, because a minifig foot is one stud long. If you use that measurement, one metre would be 3.3 studs. Alan (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: Lego Measurements?

(...) Minifigs are perfectly proportionate for a moderately overweight person whose legs have been amputated right below the knees. If you add two 1x1 blocks as 'boots' to the feet then the minifig will approach adult human proportions pretty (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: Lego Measurements?

Jeff Elliott <jeffe@telepres.com> wrote in message news:399AE564.46E7C2...res.com... (...) Having met many AFOLs, I would say that minifigs could be scale representations of some... I personally use 1 stud = 1.25 feet and I build to a larger (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: Lego Measurements?

(...) I believe that Minifigures are meant to represent children... as such, they are not too far off scale. The rest of Legoland is scaled to a child's size, much like a play-house. This is why the Anakin figure was the same size as all the others, (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: Lego Measurements?

(...) Thanks! That means that I'm looking at my tank to be about 27 studs long (1). The treads would turn out to be about 18 studs. Would anyone know if the Arctic/Adventurer treads would fit that? Rob (1) I'm not sure if this is the exact length of (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: Lego Measurements?

(...) Except for Hagrid, who will be a technic-fig. ;) Steve (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)