 General / 21101
Re: Lego Measurements?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 02:03:50 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jeff Elliott writes:
Hi Rob!

Lots of debate on this one, mostly 'cuz minifigs are so disproportionate
-
they're quite wide for their height.

Minifigs are 4 bricks + 1 plate tall, without neckwear.  That's 4.16 cm.
I horizontal measurement, that's 5.2 studs wide.  So, here are some
possible conclusions:

* minifigs are 180cm (5'11") tall in scale, and it's 2.9 studs per
metre.
* minifigs are 150cm (4'11") tall in scale, and it's 3.5 studs per
metre.

Most people pick a figure near 3 studs per metre. 1 stud = 1 foot is not
a bad simple measurement.

Note that this makes a minifig nearly a metre wide - that's why they
seem
disproportionate.

Jeff Elliott

Thanks!  That means that I'm looking at my tank to be about 27 studs long
(1).  The treads would turn out to be about 18 studs.  Would anyone know if
the Arctic/Adventurer treads would fit that?

Rob

(1) I'm not sure if this is the exact length of the tank.  For those of you
who know Command And Conquer, it's the flame tank from Tiberian Dawn.