 General / 21096
Re: Lego Measurements?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 22:28:22 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mike Poindexter writes:

I challenge people to not build with minifigs at all and make a model an
actual 1 stud = 1 foot.  Avoid using the specialized pieces when possible
while building.  When done, put a minifig in and see how wrong it looks in
reference to all the other Lego models you have sitting around.  Use
1.5'/stud for most things and you won't go wrong mixing and matching with
Lego's sets.  Build to a larger scale and you won't be able to mix in Lego's
sets very easily.

I believe that Minifigures are meant to represent children... as such, they are
not too far off scale.  The rest of Legoland is scaled to a child's size, much
like a play-house.  This is why the Anakin figure was the same size as all the
others, and why none of the "Potter" minifigs will be any different in size.

--Karim