 General / 21070
Re: I need LUGNET portable
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 02:38:34 GMT

Does WAP support images?  It would be fairly easy to convert gallery
images to small, cell-phone resolution black and white images on the fly.

KL

In lugnet.general, Mike Walsh writes:

"Dan Boger" <dan@wwind.com> wrote in message
On Tue, Aug 15, 2000 at 07:59:03PM +0000, Tood Lehman wrote:
In lugnet.general, Steve Burge writes:
Where do I get the Pause text data from?  I had a quick squiz at the • site,
but no sign of it...

DB files here:

http://www.lugnet.com/pause/lists.html

heh, Todd, when are you adding a modem we could call in and punch a set • number,
and get the pause entry for it?  Won't that be cool?

:)

Dan

Even better would be a portal that works with a WAP phone.

I have browsed LUGNET with my Ericsson R280LX successfully but it is clunky.
It does however work.  eBay has done something that optimizes their site for
WAP enabled phones.  Now that I think about it, bookmarking the Pause
database on my phone would be pretty simple.  -- Okay I was able to bookmark
it but I am unable to enter a search string successfully.  What ever I enter
gets the "/./query" string appended to it.  So while the concept is good
(standing TRU in the middle of nowhere browsing the web from my phone), the
execution doesn't seem to be working.

Todd - any ideas why the query string is getting modified?

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com