 General / 21032
Re: I need LUGNET portable
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 12:53:06 GMT

Jason wrote:

Last week, on vacation, I came upon several sets at Walmart in a really
"backwater" part of Kentucky.  A lot of these were $15.  I had no idea what the
usual price was, so I didn't buy them.  It seemed kind of cheap though.

A few thoughts on dealing with this without having the database:

Any non-Basic/Freestyle set which has a price significantly below 10
cents a brick is almost certainly a reduced price (though the Target Mos
Espa value pack breaks that rule - but it's still a good deal, just
happens to be a regular price).

Any juniorized set, or other set with large pieces which is below 15
cents a brick is probably on deep discount (note that some of these sets
are as much as 20 cents a brick or more at normal price).

You can also use other sets as a guideline. If the newer sets in the
same size box are significantly more expensive, you're probably looking
at a deep discount.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com