 General / 20980
Re: How many used to do this when building?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 19:37:01 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Simmons writes:
Hey all,

Since I had to reconstruct some old Space and other sets to offer for trade
in the past week, I noticed myself doing something I haven't had to now that
TLG has finally moved the injection mark to the top of the stud.  When you
were assembling your old Lego sets, did you make a point of orienting the
pieces so the injection mark wouldn't show?

On the space sets, I was never that concerned about looks.  I guess the Star
Wars movies got me used to thinking of spaceships as something that got kicked
around and beat up a bit when used.

Now, if I was going to build a spaceship-dealer's lot, with plenty of new and
new to you (Just 47 parsecs on this shuttle, used by a little green man to get
to blem and back) spaceships, then maybe I would worry about looks.

Gary Istok wrote a post about this a long time ago about how he had to hide
all of the injection marks on the pieces in his red cathedral! (A very large
work, for those of you that have not seen it.)

Will