 General / 20973
Re: How many used to do this when building?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 16:42:23 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Simmons writes:
Since I had to reconstruct some old Space and other sets to offer for trade
in the past week, I noticed myself doing something I haven't had to now that
TLG has finally moved the injection mark to the top of the stud.  When you
were assembling your old Lego sets, did you make a point of orienting the
pieces so the injection mark wouldn't show?  I used to do it all the time
and still do whenever I'm rebuilding an old set.  Habits like these just
won't go away.  I guess my anal retentiveness has to rear its ugly head
somewhere!

You aren't the only one.  I used to do that on projects I really cared about,
and sometimes when I was having fun I'd build stuff and try to get as many of
the injection marks to face _out_ as I could, just for a different effect.

Now that the mark is on the top, I've noticed that sometimes when I'm stacking
bricks that there is sometimes a slightly noticable indentation when the brick
isn't quite wide enough to line up with the bricks below it.  If I'm trying to
make the project look nice, I'll take off the slightly indented brick and turn
it around so that it lines up better.  But sometimes I don't bother with such
a tremendous amount of retentiveness, especially when I'm short on time.

John Gramley