 General / 20937
Re: Trading Minifigs...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 13:26:52 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tim Courtney writes:
Is it me, or does it suck to trade minifigs?

I'm lining up a trade right now, and collecting figs to trade is pure
torture.  I'm getting some other figs in return (its
always funny opening a shipment of minifigs :) - it just sucks packing them
up and sending them away.

Anyone else share the same feelings??

Sigh,

I know exactly what you mean!  I just went through a torturous trade.  I
traded imperial mini-figs for new, un-opened castle sets.  Lego is getting
very expensive and I had to decide what theme I would stick with.  So I chose
castle.  Not to hard to choose since I have over 500 castle minifigs in all
the themes (including 2 sets of 4086 guys).  But I packed up 31 blue coats,
most with the red epaulettes, brown backpack and the fancy helmets.  I
practically cried!  That was more then half of my total blue soldiers.
Mostly, I only have captains left now.

Yes, trading away minifigs is an ordeal.  I have nearly a 5 gallon container
that is packed solid with minifigs from all the different themes.  You can
NEVER have enough!  One day, when I have enough space, I will build a huge
city.   (I'm really hoping I can find people locally that are interested in
starting a BrickWars club).