 General / 20517
Re: Stolen picture in Lego Theme Gallery?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 16:50:47 GMT

"Eric Kingsley" <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Tamyra Teed writes:
Actually, it looks like there are 4 stolen... Unless Scott Schuricht is
5 years old and from Vietnam, and put a (c) 1995 in his picture's upper
left corner :( guess he built it in the womb????

I'm sorry but this is actually getting quite humorous.  How long do you • think
the LEGO folks actually look at the pictures before they get put up for • voting?
I mean really this one takes the cake.

Obviously the folks at LEGO really don't care too much about this little
contest no matter what they put in their disclaimer.

This provides a pretty clear case that they didn't even apply "due
dillegence" to avoid copyright infringement.  I think they should have to
send $10 LSAH coupons to anyone whose copyrights are violated by their
contest.

-John Van