 General / 20448
Re: Errors on Instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 18:26:34 GMT

In lugnet.general, Michael Zander wrote:

But, anyway, the point of this post is: Have you ever encountered errors • on
the instruction manuals?
I've only seen one other: On the first page of a town three-pack set, one • of
the mini-figures is shown to have black arms, while on the box and the • actual
minifig had yellow arms.

Errors in LEGO instructions (and packaging) are fairly common.  You just
need sharp eyes to spot some of them.

My Explorien Starship came with an extra page inserted in the instruction
book.  It wasn't attached to the book, just stuck in after the book was
bound.  It had an extra step (I think it was numbered after everything
else) and it showed a plate being attached.  It was fairly obvious that • the
plate should have been added several steps earlier.

In the Y-Wing/TIE Fighter instructions, Darth Vader's head is shown as
yellow instead of gray.

I've seen other errors from time-to-time, those are just two that I
remember well.

Lets see, I remember two specifically, the 4031 had a extra sheet with fixed
errors on it. The other one was the shuttle launcher from Launch Command.
The red TECHNIC rods on the bottom were positioned wrong. I played with it
numberous times, and it never worked right. I don't know if it was a
structural issue or if the instructions were wrong. Very frustrating.

Scott S.
--
Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> http://www.aeieng.com
Want LEGO Parts at Great Prices? Visit The Sanburn Systems Company!