 General / 20251
Re: Soccer busses - again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 02:19:57 GMT

The 2000 German catalog shows all 4 buses, and says the 3404 is available in
Germany (and mentions that another, I think 3407, is available in Austria).
The obvious implication is that the others aren't available in Germany.

Alan

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.general, Mark Herzberg writes:

All five are sold in the US, and I think all but 3411 (which is the same as
3405, except 3411 is American stickers and comes with a real football), are
sold in Germany.

I believe you are incorrect.

I shopped fairly hard in Germany two weekends in a row and all I saw were the
3404 black/white ones. I believe that those are the only kind sold in Germany,
not all 4 different kinds.

In the three european countries I was in (Italy, Switzerland, Germany), I saw
only one set type per country. In each case, the set had a sticker applied in
the lower right corner (on top of the multiflag logo) that had the country
flag and the players wearing that uniform. The stickers on the inside were for
all the countries.

ObSourcing:
I hit a lot of stores in Germany, and a lot in Switzerland as well (every
store brand in Zurich that had Lego, I believe), so I have good empirical
evidence but can't be definitive.

++Lar