 General / 202
Re: Scala = why Town will continue to be so poor.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 16:22:41 GMT

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998 06:00:44 GMT, csalwen@northeast.net (Cindy Salwen)
wrote:

I'd say that it's not that I want my children (1) to be the same, or gender
neutral, but I want them to be free to decide for themselves how they are going
to be, without the toy (2) telling them this is for boys and this is for girls.

Exactly!
I will freely admit that girls play different from boys -- some of my
first sets were the kitchen and bathroom Homemaker sets (I wish I had
more of those now...) Though my VERY first was an airplane set. (At
least, that I remember) And I absolutely loved them. My sister and I
played with doll houses that our father made all the time -- along
with minifigs as the "children" in the family. OTOH, I think that
city, at least, is also just as appropriate for "girls" (Your family
has to GO places after all!)  And I was always a sci-fi fan loving the
Space sets (I had ONE old-time space LEgo set and I remember being
annoyed at all the thin plates you had to put together/take apart to
make it so it did not get made as much. OVer Christmas, I'm going to
find out which one it is and see if I like it more as an adult. I
think we still ave most of our childhood LEgo parts that we had as
kids -- except for perhaps a few instruction books)

Sarah Heacock