 General / 20035
Re: Pokemon (was: Harry Potter Lego Line)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 17:22:30 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Joslin writes:
Then you might want not me to tell you this, but Pokemon Stadium (for the
N64) goes one better than a mere rehashing of the Game Boy game.  PS comes • with
an adapter though which you can *download* your GB Pokemon into the PS
cartridge, and fight with all your old Pokemon in glorious color and 3D on the
N64.

Well...The 64 game is just the fighting aspects, with none of the (admittedly
limited) RPG elements from the Game Boy version.  It does let you use your GB
pokemon in the 64 environment, which is cool, and offers a better GUI for
managing your GB Pokemon and inventory, as well as offering a GB emulator so
you can jump into the GB game while still on the 64.  Barbara and I use this
last feature quite a lot -- capture a few pokemon in the emulator, arrange our
Pokemon boxes on the 64, then go back into the emulator to capture some more.

I hope Nintendo keeps up this trend of GB <-> 64 compatability; I wouldn't mind
a Zelda crossover, among other things...

Cheers,
- jsproat