 General / 19886
Re: Hagrid minifig in Harry Potter Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 13:22:41 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Kingsley writes:

Ah but aren't Minifigs already 2 or 3 times as wide as an average person (at
scale of course).  Sometimes I laugh at discussions about scale using LEGO.
Mainly because most scale discussions start with a Minifig and working from
their.  To me that makes it a flawed discussion from the start because • Minifigs
themselves are not to scale with an average human.

To me Minifig scale is a purely fictional scale in itself.  Most modern LEGO
vehicles can only hold 1 fig across where there real life counterparts to • those
vehicles usually hold at least 2 people across.  Thats when you talk about
cars.  Don't even get me started with airplanes.

I know what you mean. If TLG made all their vehicles with two seats, they'd be
kind of wide for roads. And if they used adventurer 2-seat pieces they
couldn't get a very realistic roof, unless they made a special roof piece that
would fit over it.