 General / 19878
Re: Hagrid minifig in Harry Potter Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 12:47:55 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bradley Dale writes:
In the Harry Potter book, Hagrid is described as being twice the height of a
regular man, and five times as wide.  In minifig scale, he is the size and
shape of a rock monster.

This is something that my girlfriend (an avid Harry Potter fan) and I were
discussing.  I lamented that Lego would probably just use a normal minifig, as
they did for Chewbacca, and she insisted that Hagrid is much, much bigger than
Chewie.

I think that what they do here will depend greatly on how Hagrid is portrayed
in the movie.  Keep in mind these are sets for the *movie*, not the books.  If
the producers go to the expense and trouble of really making Hagrid that big
all the time, then Lego might follow suit.  If they just get an excpetionally
large/tall person to play him.... normal minifig time.

eric