 General / 19873
    My Lego Theroy —James Walker
   ive been thinking about why lego has been trying to jonuorize everything so this is what i can up with 1: lego is trying to make lego at it's aimed age (4-12) and older lego sets have more appeal to older people that have been using lego most of (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: My Lego Theroy —Matthew Miller
     (...) This may be true, but I think the premise is weak. I enjoyed complicated sets as a child. An important factor I think you leave out is: Lego is trying to cut costs as much as possible, and are apparently willing to sacrifice what makes them (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: My Lego Theroy —John Radtke
   (...) A lot of people seem to go on about this perceived 'juniorization' but I'm not sure I get it. What are people's truly objective arguments about this? By objective I don't mean bemoaning that "things aren't what they used to be" but a trend (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: My Lego Theroy —Frank Filz
   (...) Actually, specialty parts have been around for more than 30 years ago. I remember these cool blue pieces which came in three styles, a 1x16 straight piece, and two different curves. The curved pieces when connected with white 2x8 plates in (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)