 General / 19383
Re: My (first) FOTW
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 25 Jun 2000 01:08:37 GMT

In lugnet.general, Andy Lynch writes:
I feel good.  :-)  On my way home today, ( Work sent me to a seminar for two
days ) my wife paged me to let me know that she wanted to talk to me.  I
stopped at a payphone, called her, and she asked me to stop at the grocery
store to bring something home to aid in the making of dinner.  No problem.

On the way, I decided to stop in a Bradlees store that I go to once in a while
to gaze fondly at the (mostly over-priced) Lego.  I looked at the shelves
quickly, and didn't see anything new, and then I saw a different box way at
the back of the shelf.  I picked it up and it was a 6105 Medieval Knights!

I have a similar story. It happened last year. I was shopping at TRU. I was on
the lookout for some Outback sets when I saw it: a 6538 Rebel Roadster. The
box was in sorry shape so I checked the polybag inside and it was unopened. I
picked it up. When I got to the cash with my other purchases ( Some Spaceport
and a 6550 Outback racer), the 6538 scanned at 0.01$ !! That's right a penny!
The cashier checked with the store manager and apparently since the set hadn't
sold and the box was beat up, they had removed it from their inventory but
left it on the shelf. All the years that I have been buying Lego, that is my
best FOTW.

Kev. Z
Lugnet member 142