 General / 19342
Re: How long before LD shows up in EBAY?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 18:47:27 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jude Beaudin writes:
In lugnet.general, Gary Istok writes:
I was just wondering, with all the LEGO profiteers out there, how long
it will be before we start seeing EBAY items that originated from LEGO
Direct?  For example, 2x2 white tiles or 2x2 white windows.  I expect
someone to sell a batch of 100 or so, and see how many "uninformed"
people bid these up.

Would it not be even more profitable to put 5 lots of 20 2x2 white tiles up?
Not everyone will bid on a lot of 100.:-)

Jude

Two guys walk into a bar... OUCH!!!

Don't look at me...I haven't even ordered from LD yet...I am trying to put
together an order, but I am waiting for those new green Ninjas...

I had been hording tiles for my projects, but I may unload some of my used/
near mint ones on eBay to pay for the brand spanking new ones I want in the
appropriate colors.

Heck, I will probably unload alot of parts on eBay, I culled from bulk
purchases just to get much more prized parts from LD (in the colors I want)

I imagine that the opportunity to turn a profit off LD elements will be
pretty good til LD expands internationally...probably after too (just much
more competition once the secret is out)

My nightmare would be if one of the Non-AFOL "power sellers" began buying
HUGE amounts of parts packs and strangling the market...

                          John