 General / 18867
Re: Some old Expert Builders Ads
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 10 Jun 2000 02:02:30 GMT

Thanks, that would be great! The issue #, title and page.

Here goes:

The ad with the auto chassis entitled "We challenge you" is from the back
cover of Fantastic Four #227.

The ad with the auto chassis entitled "MOVE IT! STEER IT! SHIFT IT! BUILD IT!"
is from the back cover of The Incredible Hulk # 230.

The ad with the expert builder harvester is from the back cover of The Mighty
Thor # 314.

I have some of these in my collection (they are intended to be on my Technica
site). They are rather widely available in a number of comics.

"Move It! Steer It! Shift It! Build It!" (Auto Chassis) is Lego's 1978 ad. I
have seen it in dozens of Marvel comics, either on the back cover or on the
inside of the front cover.

"You've Got To Build 'Em To Believe 'Em" (Bulldozer) is from 1979 Marvel
comics.

"We Challenge You" (Auto chassis again) from 1980.

"Challange #8859" (Harvester) is from 1981.

"Your Building for Real" Dune Buggy) is from 1982.

I have not seen any later Technic ads in comic books.

Jim