 General / 18846
    Re: LUGNET Spotted in LEGO Mania Magazine - Thread? —Jeff Johnston
   (...) Go check the lugnet.com main page. It specifically states that the gift is not believed to be a sponsorship or endorsement "in a legal sense". The normal definitions of the words do not matter here - the legal definitions under US law (since (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jun-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: LUGNET Spotted in LEGO Mania Magazine - Thread? —Todd Lehman
     (...) BTW, I just changed that passage from "...which is not believed to constitute sponsorship or endorsement..." to "...which does not imply sponsorship or endorsement..." (i.e., to remove the "not believed to" portion). When two top LEGO Systems, (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: LUGNET Spotted in LEGO Mania Magazine - Thread? —Scott Arthur
   (...) Words are words, their meaning is their meaning. Legal statements do not, as far as I am aware, use any abnormal definitions - they are simply clear and unambiguous (unless they are intended to be otherwise). Scott A (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jun-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: LUGNET Spotted in LEGO Mania Magazine - Thread? —Jeff Johnston
   (...) Uh, sure, Scott. What's a bonnet? Or a boot? Depends on if we're talking about clothing or cars. Words can often have very different meanings in different contexts. (...) Legal definitions are often much more precise than they are when used by (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jun-00, to lugnet.general)