 General / 17723
Re: Free keychain from Shop-at-Home?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 17:56:11 GMT

Have you filled out a questionaire from a set recently? Like in the past year?
Usually small items such as keychains and pens are the "cool gifts from LEGO"
that are your reward for answering the questions.

-Cheese

In lugnet.general, Troy Cefaratti writes:
I came home today and found an interesting package in the mail, and was
wondering if anyone had received something similar.

It was a padded envelope, with a return address of Lego System, Inc in
Enfield, but was shipped from some type of bulk mailer named Revere Mailing,
Inc.

It contained a Lego Minifig Keychain.  Looks like a minifig from one of the
Wild West sets, but i'm only guessing as I don't have any of those sets.

Has anyone else received something like this out of the blue?  I did NOT
order this, that's for sure.  And I have only ordered once from
Shop-at-Home, and that was several months ago.

Is this what they do with the keychains that don't sell?  Use them as some
sort of customer incentive, or something to get me thinking of Lego so that
I'll call up and order more?  (Funny, I JUST called them yesterday, but they
were out of the set I was looking for!)

Just wondering.  I though it was an odd, but pleasent surprise.  Too bad it
wasn't of a cool minifig though!  :)

Visit Troy's LEGO® Brick Store!
http://troy.simplenet.com/lego/store/