 General / 17689
  Re: German Halftrack, Armored Car, etc. etc ...

(...) You're right ... I think some smaller wheels would be more accurate in terms of size, but I had made the decision to go with the big old' tires 'cause I thought they looked cool. The overall effect is very similar to the original, but the (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: German Halftrack, Armored Car, etc. etc ...

(...) Here I am, already correcting myself. Looking at the dimensions for the real world halftrack (2.10 m wide), it is painfully clear that even the width is too large - so the conclusion is, my halftrack is *about* minifig scale, and (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: German Halftrack, Armored Car, etc. etc ...

(...) While attention to scale certainly is important, the appearance is probably even more important. And your models really look realistic! Given the choice to incorporate minifigs at all, there is probably no other solution than to build at (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: German Halftrack, Armored Car, etc. etc ...

I have only just read lugnet for the first time in aggggggeess. Shaun, what can I say?..COOL!! I think my tanks have something to shoot at now! ;) Regarding scale, I think if anything, the halftrack is slightly too long. Other than that..perfect. I (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)