 General / 17596
Re: The Lego Femme Fatale : A Reprise
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 20:31:50 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jeff Johnston writes:
In lugnet.general, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.general, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

A couple of things:  First, how does she fit into the "feminization" of
female minifigs that's especially apparent this year (see the uproar
over female attributes in 2000 Castle from a ways back, which I thought
was pretty interesting),

I think TLC is off to a nice start. Queen Leonara was, well, um... not
exactly
representing the female population... Princess Storm, OTOH, was definitely a
fierce warrior and I like her 'fig a lot.

I think it's good that TLC has both a "traditional" and a
"non-traditional" female character in the current Castle line.  After all,
there's nothing *wrong* with the "traditional" feminine role (no matter
what some folks would have you believe) as long as it's not presented as
the only option available to you.

Oh, I don't think Queen Leonara was a "bad" fig at all. I like her a lot, and
I like the other "wenches" too. It's just that I like Princess Storm and Femme
Fatale much better.

I like her torso which is plain and generic, it could be used in many themes
and settings which is great IMO.

Yes!  You could use it for anything from Town to Star Wars...I think it'd
make a great female Rebel of some kind.

Exactly! She's perfect for any kind of theme. (OK, maybe she won't fit in a
space rocket :)

Ah, but did you see Princess Storm? She's the second female in 6091/8. Very
fierce and "kick-butt"ish.

True, although I don't think Storm's a "bad guy" - unless you subscribe to
my "King Leo axe theory" I suppose.

:-) I mentioned that in my other post. She's sided with the "good guys" but
she's still very fierce and has that "bad girl" look to her.
Can't you see? She's in a teenager (OK, late teens), a rebel! Go figure, maybe
she's rebelling against her parents --> opposing the good guys --> she's a bad
guy (gal?)... ;-)

There's Willa the Witch.  She makes a far better "bad guy" if you give her
a different head - I used the "lipstick face" to turn her into a "Witch
Queen".

Yeah, with her official face she looks more crazy (maniac) than bad.

The Insectoid Queen might have been a "bad guy".  I'm not sure what "side"
they were supposed to be on - weren't they officially against the UFOs
*and* the Exploriens/Roboforce?

I don't think anything was mentioned about that. AFAIK, the insectoids were
opposing the insect-like creatures on the planet by camouflaging (sp?)
themselves as insects. That's what I remember from my 1998 Han-Toys hebrew
catalog, at least.

The same goes for the Ninja Princess - it *looks* like she's allied with
the young Emperor guy, and for some reason I got the impression that he
was opposed to the older Shogun from the first series, who I always
thought of as the "good guys".

Well... I dunno about her... she's very mysterious!

Oddly enough, I thought of the Pirate Wench as a "good guy" - I always
thought of the Pirates as the "heros" of the theme, with the various
soldiers as the antagonists.

Same here!

Anyways, I'm happy about how cool this minifig is.  I also got a 2000
second-release in-box catalogue with the Island Hopper that shows all of
the new Race and Adventurers sets in detail; the Dino Research Compound
is a definite must-buy, even at MSRP of $80.

Cool! Can't wait to see it. Any chance of scans?

Yesyesyesyesyesplease!  And a pic of the other new 'fig from the ATT, and
if Gail's got a new outfit...

I mentioned in .adventurers; I doubt Gail has changed her Jungle wardrobe...
check out the brickset pic of the island set, she has a green shirt strikingly
similar to the jungle outfit (Sorry to be a kill-joy... I'd love another torso
too).

-Shiri