 General / 17567
Re: The Lego Femme Fatale : A Reprise
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 12:56:36 GMT

But the new Adventurers female minifig is remarkable, because fairly
obviously a "bad girl."  I've dubbed her the Femme Fatale at least until
her actual name can be discovered, and I think she's the neatest female
minifig I've ever seen--even better than the Pirate Wench or the Forest
Babe (heresy!).  I have a close-up of her up on the web:

http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/femmefatale.jpg

Hmm.. almost reminds me of Laura Croft (SP?), from the Tomb Raider games.
Yes, EVIL females... HA HA HA HA HA HA : )

A couple of things:  First, how does she fit into the "feminization" of
female minifigs that's especially apparent this year (see the uproar
over female attributes in 2000 Castle from a ways back, which I thought
was pretty interesting), and second, does anyone else think she's got a
real "kick-butt-and-take-names" look about her?  I can't think of the
last time we had a female "bad guy" (the Pirate Wench is the only case I
can think of--but she didn't have any "good" counterpart, unlike FF and
Gail Storm).

I can't think of any bad females, perhaps they are starting to realize that
women can be bad too. She definately looks like a "kick butt and take names"
kind of lady. The only other bad female might be the witch from the Bat Lord
series. I like the new role, though.

Scott S.
--
Scott E. Sanburn