 General / 17572
Re: AFOL article
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 13:26:42 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tony Kilaras writes:
From this article about AFOLs:

http://www.ocregister.com/living/lego00421cci1.shtml

Thanks for the pointer! Interesting article and not as factually incorrect as
the norm. No mention of Lugnet, or other electronic resources, though, which is
too bad. Golden opportunity missed.

Anyone know how this article came to be? Henry hangs out here once in a while I
think, but the Michon's don't, I don't think. (they're not listed in the
membership rolls which isn't conclusive) Which is too bad, really, they are
nice people (I had a chance to briefly chat with Ted on Opening Day at
Carlsbad).

"Lego International Inc., the Danish toy giant behind Lego and all Lego-
related stuff, said nearly 10 percent of its plastic brick sales (roughly $180
million worldwide) goes to adults who have no plan to pass the bricks over to
any kid. The adult market for Lego has more than doubled in the past three
years."

10%!!!!! Wow!!

No mention of which 10% though, except for the usual allegation about Star
Wars...

Anyone want to say AFOLs don't matter to Lego's bottom line now?