 General / 17345
    Re: Estimating Piece Count —John D. Forinash
   (...) A bit. I found that it's tough to do. (...) I hadn't thought of "by minifig". I suspect that bulk buckets might not cause that much of an issue by pound, but any guesstimate by pound breaks if you're trying to estimate a pile of Lego that has (...) (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Estimating Piece Count —Frank Filz
   (...) 6090 had 11. 6091 does have only 8, so counts are dropping a bit, on the other hand 3409 has 12. (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Estimating Piece Count —Mike Poindexter
   Well, the minifig count will vary the most, I would guess. Freestyle sets have few minifigs and lots of other elements, while other sets will have a higher minifig:element ratio. Technic will throw off the minifig count completely (and the weight, (...) (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Estimating Piece Count —Nico Hoogerbrug
   Hi guys, I used an very simple method, but it works. If you really have all parts mixed and I mean mixed there will be approx 1000 pieces an one kilo of weight. If you dont want to mix it all up and throw all the flower leaves and Technic parts on a (...) (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.general)