 General / 17305
Re: Off Topic, but amusing ; )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 00:02:15 GMT

A.  My original post was to be taken somewhat sarcasticly.
B.  A Trademark that is not used is lost.  If the Trademark is registered one
has a longer "dormit" period.  It is quite possible that none of TLC's
older Trademarks are still enforceable.

In lugnet.general, Mike Poindexter writes:
By that rationale, you could make monorail track and they wouldn't care.  I
would bet that the legal papers would come FEDEX if you tried, though.  A
trademark that isn't planned to be used again is still something that is an
option and people like to protect their options.  They might come out with
Blacktron III, although I doubt it.  Still, losing the ability to do it
would be a concern for them.

Mike Poindexter

Mike Petrucelli <lordinsanity@usa.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
Phil Watt <wattsup1@earthlink.net> wrote:
I don't get it.
What's amusing about a crystal supplier???
http://www.mtron.com/

Well, the domain name. (Assuming that the original post wasn't actually • off
topic after all.)

Hmm... I wonder if TLC will go after this company, they took a LEGO brand
name!!!! : )

Why would TLC care about a Trademark it doesn't intend to use again.  It • would
be cool if they did use the "trons" again.  As much as I would like that, • I
doubt it will happen.

Lord Insanity
Vist my Lego page at:
www.fortunecity.com/tattooine/sputnik/86/gc.html