 General / 17284
Re: Anyone who likes 6552 "Rocky River Retreat"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 00:06:52 GMT

I just saw this set for auction on Ebay if anyone is interested.
(No, it's not my auction)
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300016656

"Tobias Möller" wrote:

I have found several disscussions about particular sets on Lugnet (well, perhaps
not about the sets *only*, parts and alt. models as well), but not any
disscussions about the Rocky River Retreat. Could it be that I am the only one
on Lugnet who likes this set?

I just love it. I went to the toystore back in -93 with my money (I had been
saving for months) and I was going to buy something, a space set because that
was the only thing that interested me. So I got there and I stood a long time,
looking at the sets. Then the lady in the shop said "You can't decide what to
buy?" and I said "No, there are so much to choose from.". We started disscussing
lego and she said "why not buy this one? I think it's nice." and she showed me
the 6552. I looked at it and thought "A town set? Perhaps it could be nice.". I
bought it, got home and built it, and now I love it. It has not been mixed in my
collection (like my space sets) and it is now standing next to my town.

I love it for the parts, although I'll never use them in another creation, for
the design and the concept. The fishing rod and the frying pan, the horse and
the bridge over the river, it's just the way a vacation in the forest should be!
Mountains, caves, horses, even a water pump! (I thought it was a drill first :-)

Let's see if I really am the only one who likes this set...
I hope I'm not.

--Tobias

--
Jonathan Nichol