 General / 16985
Re: Anyone who likes 6552 "Rocky River Retreat"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 06:57:06 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark Herzberg writes:

Great! Oh, now I want to disscuss the set and everything in it! I love those
pine trees, they're great. and the BURP cave as well, but I can't understand
what they really are doing. Are they mining or are they smugglers (the rude
smuggler with his cute babe) or what?

--Tobias

Your not alone. I love this set too. I bought in 1993 along with my 6399
Airport Shuttle. Those got me into LEGO big time and were the first two sets
in my first LEGO city. Although the set is currently in scatered pieces (I
have all the parts, though, including the baseplate, and the yellow jeep that
came with it is still built and is one of my favourites), I do plan on
rebuilding it soon as I expand my new city project. My favourite piece is that
one-of-a-kind baseplate. It makes me island roadway complete :-) (meaning I
have every LEGO set that came with an island roadway, as I call them. 6397,
6398 (x2), 6399, 6522, and 6597 (x2) ). Island roadways are one of my
favourite pieces.