 General / 16956
Re: Anyone who likes 6552 "Rocky River Retreat"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 22:49:02 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tobias Möller" <tobias.moller@telia.com>
To: <lugnet.general@lugnet.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2000 1:47 PM
Subject: Anyone who likes 6552 "Rocky River Retreat"?

I have found several disscussions about particular sets on Lugnet (well, • perhaps
not about the sets *only*, parts and alt. models as well), but not any
disscussions about the Rocky River Retreat. Could it be that I am the only • one
on Lugnet who likes this set?

No, I have it, and I really like it.

I just love it. I went to the toystore back in -93 with my money (I had • been
saving for months) and I was going to buy something, a space set because • that
was the only thing that interested me. So I got there and I stood a long • time,
looking at the sets. Then the lady in the shop said "You can't decide what • to
buy?" and I said "No, there are so much to choose from.". We started • disscussing
lego and she said "why not buy this one? I think it's nice." and she • showed me
the 6552. I looked at it and thought "A town set? Perhaps it could be • nice.". I
bought it, got home and built it, and now I love it. It has not been mixed • in my
collection (like my space sets) and it is now standing next to my town.

I love it for the parts, although I'll never use them in another creation, • for
the design and the concept. The fishing rod and the frying pan, the horse • and
the bridge over the river, it's just the way a vacation in the forest • should be!
Mountains, caves, horses, even a water pump! (I thought it was a drill • first :-)

Let's see if I really am the only one who likes this set...
I hope I'm not.

I always had this set for a vacation spot for me and others (It is on a
Alliance of Planets sanctuary on Titanian 6) where members of the ADF could
use it. It is a neat little set, full of interesting combinations and
vehicles that I wish would return to Town. I would love to see a decent
sized camper, or a small hotel. :)

Scott S.

--Tobias