 General / 17269
Re: Looking for sets for girls
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 15:03:39 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Stephen Pakbaz writes:
    One of my teachers has a daughter and wants to find Lego sets that would
suit her.  She doesnt want war-like or gory sets, Bellville, or Fabuland
stuff. I would appreciate any suggestions anyone has to offer.

I go for trains and castle and town sets. I saw some of the other posts about
what would be good for girls. I don't think it would make much of a collection
to go hunting down 10 year old sets from the late 80's-early 90's that were
promoted as being for girls. Parents may not be able to spend hundreds of
dollars on LEGO a year for elusive sets and may not want to spend the time
tracking them down if they could afford it. There are some current sets that
are geared for girls and boys who are not crazed with Star Wars. The Arctic
sets, Space Port, Train and Town sets are all great depending on the child's
interests. If all that fails, go with a big blue bucket or Classic bucket and
some minifig packs.