 General / 17119
Re: German Half Tread
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 17:12:48 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

is it the same one pictured on the internet hobbies page here?:
http://www.internethobbies.com/internethobbies/tam135scalww1.html

i LOVE this model!

..joseph g

In lugnet.build, Drew Lawrence writes:
I am making my own World War II-era German vehicle. Mine, however, is the
Hanomag Sdkfz251. (The half-tread.)

I trust you are familiar with the vehicle? I need some help.

You know the slanted slit-windows that the driver has? How in the hell am I
supposed to do those ... with Lego bricks?! It is almost impossible to get
them the right distance from each other.

A bit of information about what I've gotten done:

--It is 8 bumps wide
--It uses the treads from the new #6573 "Artic Expedition"
--The front wheels are from #8238 "Slammer Dragsters" The front wheels on the
dragsters are the front wheels for my Half-Tread

--I've got roughly 2 bumps to fit the window in (2 bumps long, 8 bumps wide)

The sides of it must be curved in, to be aerodynamically "perfect" with the
rest of the vehicle (The upper-sides are sloped with a regular 2-bump long
slope bricks)

So, how can I do this?

Thanks in advance...

Luke