 General / 16808
Re: Online eProxy services?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 06:01:25 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Jamie Obrien wrote:

Hi, just had a bit of a downer with DYA, my fault really because i
don't have a Credit Card (Aghhhh!!!). I was wondering if there are any
credit proxy providers out there. I know about Larry and his factoring
services, and i've had plenty of experience with International
trading, but it's getting to the stage where Credit Cards are becoming
a necesity (Aghhh spell checker!), and i'm not ready to go down that
road yet!!

Getting to the stage?  We got there about a decade and a half ago.  I'm
not sure if anyone provides a designated "credit proxy" service; after
all, that's what a credit card or charge account *is*.  You may have to
arrange with a retailer on an individual basis, but most are not set up to
handle COD or bill-before-ship services--the people who need them are
relatively few.

The up-side to this is that there are a million credit providers out
there, and you should have no trouble getting one with a decent interest
rate (effectively none, if you pay it off each month) and no annual or
service fees.

Here's a suggestion:

Get a credit card account of some kind; when the card comes, call up the
company and ask that your limit be set at, say, Aus$500.  That will keep
you from getting in trouble.

(I must be one of the few people on the planet without a Credit
Card!!!)

They're coming for you...muuuhahahaha.

best

Lindsay