 General / 16584
Re: What is Fabuland?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 21:52:51 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jonathan Little writes:
I was recently sorting through some of my parts and came across a
pot/cauldron piece that I believe came from one of the Fright Knights sets.
I happened to notice that there are no studs on the piece and that
"Fabuland" is written on the bottom.  What is this, exactly? Is it something
along the same lines as Scala and Belville?

Thanks,
-Jonathan

  hi, jonathan ~

  check out the posts in lugnet.fabuland for lots more info.  sybrand bonsma
has an excellent fabuland resource page that is posted in there, i believe.
fabuland was an unbearably cute line of animal characters for younger kids
in the 70's.  i remember turning my nose up at fabuland back then,
preferring model team.  today i end up paying top dollar to get a hold of
'em!  there were many elements introduced in this line that have worked
their way back into newer system sets. there's even a fabuland shovel in the
very manly #5571 ~ monster big rig truck, which i find amusing.  the crows
nest from pirate theme originated as peter panda's washtub, if i'm not
mistaken, and the cauldron originally came in one of these critter's kitchen
sets.  the new disney sets use the same modularity as original fabuland, but
are ultimately less appealing, imho.

  later ~ craig~