 General / 16304
Re: Ebay Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 15:51:01 GMT

I had forgotten about that one.  A German collector friend of mine bought that
one (it was mostly empty), and proceded to try and fill it with old windows &
doors.   As Mike can attest to, you can still find old LEGO in Europe.  In fact
there are people who are right now travelling throughout Germany looking for
old LEGO at the remaining small town toy stores.  I say "remaining" because
these small family owned businesses are closing down as the owners retire (or
die off).  They can't compete with the big box stores (TRU, etc....).  Back in
the 80's I used to search all the little towns looking for toy stores.  I was
so picky at looking for old stuff, that I ignored "recent" stuff back in the
'80s such as the Yellow Castle sets!!!

So as Mike said, #214 1-10 has never been on US Ebay.  And a couple of
others.... #717 ('61-'62 version), #725 ('61-'62 version), #325.

Gary Istok

Mike Poindexter wrote:

I know one that has never been on American ebay:  #214 Dealer Window & Door
Box.  There was one on German ebay a while ago, though, and it went for a
decent amount of money.

Mike

John DiRienzo <ig88888888@stlnet.com> wrote in message
With the Chocolate Factory finally appearing within the last weeks, I • think
it would be hard to find a set that has not appeared on eBay at one time • or
another.  There have been Velux Houses on eBay... its not that new of a • set.

--
   Have fun!
   John
Tom Stangl, VFAQman wrote in message <38C358B3.1AB1368C@vfaq.com>...
I know for a fact that 1854 has been on Ebay, that's where I first saw • one,
sometime last year.

Ben Roller wrote:

In lugnet.general, Jonathan Wilson writes:
Are there any sets that never appear on ebay?

I've not seen the Velux house on eBay since they started selling them • again.
What would one of these go for (here or there)?  I have one MISB that • I'd
get
rid of for enough money.

Ben Roller

(Cross posted to .auction since we're talking about eBay)

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/