 General / 16020
Re: Ebay Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 15:38:57 GMT

Jonathan Wilson wrote:

Are there any sets that never appear on ebay? Are there any sets that
always start expensive?

--
Jonathan Wilson
wilsonj@xoommail.com

Yes Jonathan, there are.   The pre-1961 stuff (before LEGO came to North
America), but most of that appear in European auctions.

There are 3 sets that I have never seen in a USA auction (in the last 2
years since I've visited EBAY).  But I can't divulge that info here, as
well as discuss their rarity or highly desireability.  That would just
make it more difficult for me to ever obtain.  Just suffice it to say
that it's 1960's stuff.  OK OK, you twisted my arm, (alright I got one of
these for only $18 in a European auction) ...... it is #325.

Gary Istok