 General / 1614
Re: After X-mas sales
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 25 Dec 1998 00:36:33 GMT

Mike Stanley writes:
John VanZwieten <john_vanzwieten@msn.com> wrote:
Do the clearance sales at Target start the day after X-mas, or a bit later?
Also, what other U.S. stores have similar sales?
-John Van (pocketbook ready to go)

Do yourself a favor and put that pocketbook away for a few weeks.

The sales begin pretty quickly, but the only way you'll ever see the
legendary 70% off sales is if you excercise some self control and
ignore the run-of-the-mill 20% sales (and more).

Target will be happy to sell you the same sets at 70% off, but they
can't do it if you buy them up during the gradual drops in price
throughout January.

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your perspective, Target is already
running a 40% off sale that has really cleared out the shelves.  At least
that's the case at my local Target (So. CA).  About the only thing left are Mag
Wheel Master, Cyberslam, a couple of Robo Raptor (w/ crushed boxes), and
Nights Lords Castle.  Some of the adventures, as was discussed prior,
apparently missed the sale scanner and languish alone on the bottom shelf.

I doubt there will be any "after X-mas" sales here.  The shelves are BARE! :^0

Of course it may take a 50-75% off sale to move those new '99 sets.  My
programed buying will only kick in at about 50% off for most of that junk!
Ninja's excluded.

Well there is always WalMart.

Barry